The next sentence is one that rarely ever comes out of my mouth, but here goes. I really wish I worked in an office. I wish someone would lean over & into my cubicle to tell me about their husband's warts. I wish that I could fake my surprise when Sally tells me about Frank From Accounting's affair with the supervisor. I wish that I could sign my name to the office birthday card. Oh god, I wish. I have been driving about 18 hours this week & have no fun souvenirs to show. Nope, not even a little Kentucky borboun. Just a soar ass. My weeks aren't usually this full of car time, but shit people! Let me tell you some things about the road that have irritated/enraged/piqued my interest the past week:
- A very young women had a Pope John Paul card wedged on her dashboard. Just made me wonder.
- For the amount that I drive, I don't have a lot of road rage issues. However, I broke down yesterday and screamed at a passing car. I had my signal on for about a mile & this woman wouldn't let me over. Then at another point on the highway, she wouldn't let me over & forced me onto another highway. I made sure that she saw my level of insanity by waving my arms and calling her the C-Word. I did it very slow just so she knew what I was saying.
- If I hear Home one more time, I'm throwing my Sirius receiver at the next passing C-Word.
- If I don't get at least 2 beeps from truckers, I'm throwing on a skirt for tomorrow's drive. Yep. I'm that bored and any amount of praise is accepted.
- Recently, we've had a tragedy in our extended family. When you spend a lot of time alone & you've passed the same shit all week, personal issues can consume you if you aren't careful. So today as I drove, I had to fight off the throat lump that only grief & anger can create.
Here's a shot of my filthy car once again to prove it is my home.
I take a project hoping that I'll get a row in, but then it taunts me "Pull over. Come on knit a row. Take a nap while you're at it" I'm knitting the Ribby Cardi's sleeves all at once. Next time, please remind me that this sucks! Yes, I get them both done at once, but it isn't worth wrestling 2 balls of yarn.
Thank you so much for all of the Sock comments! I decided on the Cops stitch pattern. I tried the Pregnant pattern, but after a couple rows it proved that I'd have to concentrate more than I want to at this time. The Cops pattern is also fitting at this time. While I'm driving I think, "I've seen Cops enough. I could probably work in a Pit Maneuver on that Accord." With that, I'll leave you. Who needs all this bitterness anyway?
p.s. Look at the picture below & tell me what's wrong! Gus & SK visited the grandparents this weekend. Here's what I saw when they got into the house. See anything a little off?