I've been trying to think of how I'm going to tell you about my quilt, but I can't get Hot Fuzz out of my head. I won't ruin anything for you, but I'll leave you with this:
- If we would have another baby, and pray to a god above that it's a boy, he'll be named Simon.
I'll start by stating, I'm not a quilter, nor does this make me believe that I'm even 1/16th of one. I'm sure if any true quilter would look at it & there would be a number of mistakes that he/she would quickly spot. Ever since the MDK book came out, I have this Blanket-Everyone mentality. Problem is, I don't want to give the blankets away. This one is no different. I ran into a finished Lotus here, and this post made me say, "I can sew a seam." Really this blanket is just a bunch of seams. A bunch!
Here's what I learned:
- I love Amy Butler! Her fabrics made it enjoyable to keep sewing the strips. I'd sew one and get excited about the next print. When we visit her shop, I'm bringing a sharpie and flashing a boobie.
- Next time (that's right I said it) I'll take more care when cutting out the blocks. There was no template, just a ruler and my rotary cutter. I'm pretty sure that a good quilter wouldn't cut out 4 blocks at a time.
- Make sure that your sewing machine and iron are in good working condition. Since this quilt, we've purchased a new iron and the machine is going to be serviced. If this was done prior, the process may have been easier.
I can't complain about this quilt. I only ripped out one row and only said "No one will notice" twice. SK said, "Can we give this project a story or a reason?" What the Lola-Went-Insane-For-a-Weekend one isn't good enough?
Gus is visiting his GP's, and I'm looking forward to a nice long uninterrupted nap underneath it sometime around 2 p.m. Just thought I'd share some interesting links to keep you entertained while in class:
- The pattern I've been coveting for a couple months now is going to be released this summer.
- This yarn will be mine and will sit with all the other unused P & C yarn I already own.
- My current crush and future baby's namesake.
- Preview is out, and I'm not sure about it. Love the hat.
Have fun in Saturday school, nerd!